If you’re looking to get a passport photo, you’ll need to know how to crop it to the correct size. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to do just that. We’ll also provide some tips on what kind of passport photo to choose and how to take one that will meet all the requirements and how to Crop Passport Size photos.
How to take the perfect passport photo?
When taking a passport photo, there are a few things to keep in mind in order to make sure the photo comes out perfect.
- First, always use a white background. There should not be any shadows. This will ensure that the focus is on your face and not on anything else in the background.
- Make sure your head is centred in the frame and that your eyes are open and looking straight ahead. You should not wear eye glasses.
- Try to have a neutral expression on your face- neither too smiley nor too serious.
- Make sure there is enough light so that the photo is clear and not blurry.
- Do not use any kind of filter and the photo must be correct colour tone. Following these simple tips will guarantee a great passport photo!
How to Crop Passport Size photos in photoshop?
Cropping photos in photoshop can be done using the crop tool. The following guide applies only to US Passport photos.The complete documentation regarding the same can be found in the official US Government portal
- Select the crop tool from the toolbox.
- Within the drop-down options of the crop tool, select 1×1 (Square).
- Make a selection using by clicking and dragging the selection rectangle – the selection must include your shoulders and the top of your head.
- After cropping, in the crop bar make your image 2×2 and click the check box to scale up your image.
- Once the processing is complete the image should meet the following specifications
- The size must be 2in x 2in.
- The bottom of the chin to the top of the head measurement should be 1 to 1-3/8 inches.
- Your head should appear at the centre of the photo and it should consume at least 50% of the photo dimensions.
How to resize a passport photo
In order to resize a passport photo, you will need to first open the image in an editing program like Adobe Photoshop. Once the image is open, select the “Crop Tool” from the toolbar. With the Crop Tool selected, click and drag on the image to create a rectangular selection around the portion of the image that you want to keep. When you are satisfied with the selection, press the Enter or Return key on your keyboard to crop the image. Finally, go to the “Image” menu and select the “Image Size” option. In the Image Size dialogue box, make sure that the “Constrain Proportions” and “Resample Image” options are selected. Enter the desired width and height for the passport photo and then click on the “OK” button. the keyboard to apply the crop. The image should now be resized to your desired dimensions.
Passport photo cropping software
If you have a large number of photos to process, it is advisable to use passport photo cropping tool like Face Crop Jet. The software can batch process 100s of photos. It detects faces from photos automatically, crops the desired facial region and saves it to separate files. You can fine-tune the aspect ratio or the crop window to make sure it meets the desired specifications.
Face Crop Jet uses AI-based algorithms to detect faces from the images and it will crop out and save passport photos to the selected output location. The software is capable of batch-processing thousands of images and extracting the faces from these images. You can select a Tight Face Crop or the Shoulder portion based on your requirement, ie face or shoulder region respectively. The exact size of the output image can be set using the resize option given. Face crop jet helps to crop passport-size photos.
Take a look the software in action
[landing_block_custom type=”button_embed” caption=”Download now” link=”https://www.facecropjet.com/downloads” align=”center”]